6/16/2005

What is Love?


What does Love mean?
> A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8
> year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were
> broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.
> See what you think:
>
> "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over
> and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her
> all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
> Rebecca- age 8
>
> When someone loves you, the way they say your name is
> different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
> Billy - age 4
>
> "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on
> shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
> Karl - age 5
>
> "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of
> your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
> Chrissy -age 6
>
> "Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
> Terri - age 4
>
> "Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she
> takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is
> OK."
> Danny - age 7
>
> "Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired
> of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My
> Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"
> Emily - age 8
>
> "Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop
> opening presents and listen."
> Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)
>
> "If you want to learn to love better, you should start with
> a friend who you hate,"
> Nikka - age 6 (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)
>
> "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he
> wears it everyday."
> Noelle - age 7
>
> "Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are
> still friends even after they know each other so well."
> Tommy - age 6
>
> "During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared.
> I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and
> smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared
> anymore."
> Cindy - age 8
>
> "My mommy loves me more than anybody You don't see anyone
> else kissing me to sleep at night."
> Clare - age 6
>
> "Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
> Elaine-age 5
>
> "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still
> says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."
> Chris - age 7
>
> "Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left
> him alone all day."
> Mary Ann - age 4
>
> "I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her
> old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
> Lauren - age 4
>
> "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and
> little stars come out of you." (what an imagination)
> Karen - age 7
>
> "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't
> think it's gross."
> Mark - age 6
>
> "You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it.
> But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
> Jessica - age 8
>
> And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once
> talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the
> contest was to find the most caring child.
>
> The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor
> was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon
> seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old
> gentleman's yard,
> climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked
> what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I
> just helped him cry"

No comments: