2/13/2007

Just in time for valentines day

For centuries, gardeners, poets, and lovers have assigned meaning to flowers. Following are some of the most popular blooms and their romantic meanings.

Ambrosia = reciprocal love
Pink carnation = I will never forget you
Red chrysanthemum = I love you
Daffodil = Unrequited love
Daisy = innocence and loyalty
Forget-me-not = true love
Gardenia = secret love
Calla lily = beauty
Lily-of-the-valley = sweetness
White lily = purity
Narcissus = stay as sweet as you are
Orange blossom = eternal love
Orchid = love and beauty
Primrose = I can't live without you
Red tulip = declaration of love
Stephanotis = happiness in marriage
Yellow tulip = sunshine in your smile
Blue violet = I'll be true
Viscaria = let's dance
Magenta zinnia = lasting affection

Roses Are for Lovers
Roses are in a category by themselves. Giving them is the quintessential romantic gesture, although you may be surprised to learn that not all roses mean love. Some represent other emotions: dark crimson roses are for times of mourning and yellow roses speak of jealousy and waning love!
Most roses signify love.

Single full-bloom rose = I love you
Hibiscus rose = delicate beauty
Pink roses = perfect happiness
Red rosebud = pure and lovely
Tea rose = I will remember you always
White roses = innocence and purity
Red roses = love
Thorn less rose = love at first sight"

No comments: