2/03/2006

A funny from Just Free stuff:)

Here's your totally useless fact of the day:

Another telemarketer one, but this one is oh soo
good!

Pesky Telemarketer

The phone rang as I was sitting down to my
anticipated evening meal and,
as I answered, I was greeted with, "Is this
Wilhiam Wagenhoss?"
This didn't sound anything like my name, so I
asked, "Who is calling?"
The telemarketer said he was with The
Rubberband-Powered Freezer Company
or something like that and then I asked him if he
knew Wilhiam personally
and why was he was calling this number.
I then said, off to the side, "Get really good
pictures of the body and
all the blood."
I then turned back to the phone and advised the
caller that he had entered
a murder scene and must stay on the line because
we had already traced this
call and he would be receiving a summons to
appear in the local courthouse
to testify in this murder case.
I then questioned the caller at great length as
to his name, address, phone
number at home, at work, who he worked for, how
he knew the dead guy and
could he prove where he had been about one hour
before he made this call.
The telemarketer was getting very concerned and
his answers were given
in a shaky voice.
Then I proceeded to tell him that we had located
his position at his work
place and the police were entering the building
to take him into custody.
At that point, I heard the phone fall and the
scurrying of his running
away.
My wife asked me, as I returned to the table, why
I had tears streaming
down my face and so help me, I couldn't tell her
for about fifteen
minutes.

My meal was cold, but oh-so-very enjoyable.

No comments: