8/10/2005

Ala. Woman Finds Snake in Post Office Box

I saw this post Last night and didn't get to putting it up until now, But it caught my eye...ALA...lol...My first thought was "what the hell has Tesco done now?".....






DOTHAN, Ala. - A typical early morning trip to the post office turned into a frightening experience for a Dothan ENT employee when she found a live corn snake hiding under the mail.

The non-poisonous snake, measuring between two and three feet long, slithered into the business post office box that Jean White regularly checks, sending her screaming hysterically for help.

"I reached in there and got some mail, and when I reached back in, I saw it under my mail. I saw its tongue," White said. "I screamed and I hollered and I screamed and hollered some more. Then I started hollering 'snake!'"

She said it took a few minutes for employees to figure out who would remove the snake from the post office box.

After removing the snake, employees called Dothan Animal Control, which disposed of it.

"In my 33 years working with the postal service, I thought I had seen just about everything, but I've never seen or heard of anything like this happening before," postal employee Steve Simmons said.

He said he did not know how the snake got into the post office box but speculated that it came from outside, seeking a warm, dry place.

He said he does not believe it was a prank.

No comments: