From one of my email lists.....
1. Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent drips
2. use a baster to put pancake batter on griddle
3. Put an apple in a bag of potatoes to prevent budding ( A GREAT ONE)
4. put a pinch of salt in when boiling eggs to prevent cracking
5. Spray Tupperware with Pam before adding spaghetti sauces or tomatoes. It wont stain
6. Drop a peeled potatoe into any dish you have accidentally over salted. it will absorb
the excess salt
7. Use rubber gloves to open jars it helps make it easier
8. Heat soggy chips n pretzel in microwave for 30 seconds. let sit for 2 minutes
9. Use a crock pot to freshen chips too. 2-4 hours Uncovered...mmm warm too
10. Substitute 1/3 Cup of cocoa powder, 2 Tablespoons sugar and 2 Tablespoons
of butter or margarine FOR 3 ounces of Semi-sweet chocolate
11. Use Evaporated Milk half and half with water as you would Fresh milk in recipes
(it IS fresh milk with 60 % water removed)
when slightlly frozen, evaporated milk can be WHIPPED and used as a frugal
substitute for whipped cream after adding a little sugar
12. Cut stale bagels in half horzontially. Spread with peanut butter and dip in birdseed.
Hang in trees.........birdies love 'em
13. Mix a CUP of butter and a CUP of Flour. Spread into an ice cube container and
Freeze. Drop 1 cube into a cup of milk in a pan to make white sauce . Stirring till thick
14. Place celery sticks UNDER your chicken or turkey and it wont stick to pan.